The Manage Work Orders page allows for quick searching and flexible filtering. This page can also be set to a customized view by each user.
This page will save your most recent filters to allow for a customized view for each user (even if you have changed pages or logged out.)
Functionality on this screen includes:
1. Search box: Found at the top of the page, which can be used to search on a Work Order ID or description. This can also search custom field information.
2. Universal Search (Work Orders and Inventory): Found at the top right of the page users can search for specific work orders or inventory items from any page in the system.
Note: When utilizing the universal search the database is checking the following:
For Work Orders: description, create user, building, purpose, problem type, budget code, assigned users, notes(this can include numbers within a note) and work order ID
Inventory: inventory name, part number, and description for inventory.
3. Sorting Columns: Columns can be sorted by selecting a column header.
Note: Multiple Columns can be sorted on at the same time.
4. Flexible Filtering: Each column can be filtered further by selecting the three vertical dots within the header. This will open up a menu that allows you to search, filter, and group by the selected column.
5. Choose your column headers:
More columns can be added for additional filtering options. You can add columns by selecting the columns button ( ) at the top right of the page. Next, select a column you want to display and click the right arrow (in red).
If you need to remove a column, select the options you want to remove on the right-hand-side and choose the left arrow (in green)
Select Save to Update the Report.
6. Saving Filters: On any of the work order pages you can add specific columns or filters and then save them.
6.1 - Apply the necessary filters you would like and add any additional columns.
6.2 - Select Actions > Add New Saved Filter.
6.3 - Name your filter and then click Save.
Once that filter is saved, the page will update and use it. This filter will be available for use by clicking the filter drop-down at the top left of the page.
Note: Filters are page specific.
7. Flexible Paging: At the top and bottom of the page, you can determine the number of work orders that you would like to view on each page.
8. On-Page Notifications: The page will display if any Work Order notes have been updated if you're assigned to the work order. In addition to this, any new work order will also display a notification.
9. Assign to Me: Allows users to assign work orders to themselves on the Telerik Grid. This will only show to users that have the "can be assigned work orders" and "can assign work orders permission."
Note: The user's role will need to be able to assign to other roles.