ML Work Orders™ Users with the "Can Import Assets" Permission have the ability to import assets into the system via an excel file.
Adding the Permission to a Role
1. Select Users > Manage Roles
2. Select the edit icon next to the role that you would like to give access to import assets.
3. Under the Assets section, select the checkbox next to "Can Import Assets"
4. Select the Save button
1. Select Assets > Asset Import
2. You are able to download our asset template if needed by selecting the Download Template button.
3. You can either use our asset template or upload your own file by selecting the Choose File button.
Please Note: The Asset Name, Asset Type, Building, Space are required fields. The Asset Name must be unique as well.
4. Once the file is uploaded, select the Map Columns button.
5. The columns that are on the file with show on the left side of the page and you will need to map them to the corresponding ML Work Orders fields. If the column name is an exact match to an ML Work Orders field then it will already be mapped. If you are selecting a custom field that is the an "ML Standard Field" then you will need to select the Custom checkbox on the right.
6. Select the Preview button once you are done mapping the columns.
7. The Preview page will show you a preview of the column mapping that you configured. Please review the preview for accuracy.
8. If the import contains an Asset that already exists in the system then you can choose to either Update or Ignore the asset in the file.
9. If the Asset has a value in the system and the import data is blank then you can either choose to keep the existing value that is within ML Work Orders or you can choose to make the field blank.
10. If an Asset Type or Vendor within the file does not exist then you can either ignore the Asset record or create new asset types and vendors within the system.
11. If you are uploading Assets that are Assigned to users then you will need to indicate the format of the Assigned To field. You will need to select one of the four options:
a. First Name Last Name
b. Last Name, First Name
c. Email Address
d. Active Directory Username
12. Select the Import button.
13. You will receive confirmation once the import has been processed.
14. If there is an error when processing, you will receive an error log listing out each error. Select the Error Log button to view the full list. You will need to correct the issues within the file and upload the file again.