ML Work Orders™ Users with Administrative Permissions have the ability to Manage Projects. Projects allow you to group multiple work orders together.
For example: A project may require one work order for the electrician, one work order for the carpenter, and one work order for the mechanic. This will allow you to run reports on specific projects, including all associated work orders.
1. Select Settings > Setup Items > Manage Projects.
The Manage My Projects page will be displayed.
2. Select the () Plus Icon to add a new Project.
3. Enter the Project Name, Description, Start Date, and Close Date.
4. Select the Save button.
5. Repeat steps 1-3 for any new Projects.
6. Once work orders are associated with Projects. You will be able to view the associated work orders in the Work Orders dropdown.
Note: You can add a Work Order to the project by clicking the Add Work Order button
Adding Work Orders to Projects
When creating a new work order:
1. Select the associated project from the project drop-down.
When linking an existing work order:
1. From the Work Order Management page, select the Edit button
2. Select the associated project from the Project drop-down
3. Click Save
Running Reports on Projects:
The Work Order report allows you to filter for specific projects. This can be done by selecting the three black dots on the Project column. Check off the Project and click Filter.
Note: You can click the project from the work order details page, and it will take you directly to that project.