ML Work Orders™ and ML Schedules™ allow for a direct integration between the two systems.
For example: This would allow work orders to be created in ML Work Orders™ based on events entered through ML Schedules™ for setup requirements/cleanup, etc.
Click here for instructions on how to adjust the ML Schedules™ permissions, needed for this integration.
To set this up on the ML Work Order side, you will want to take the following steps:
1. Select Settings > Integrations > ML Schedules Integration.
The ML Schedules Integration screen will be displayed.
2. From here you will select default values for each work order request type that is created from ML Schedules™ events for the following:
- Problem Type
- Budget Code
- Status (see important note below)
Important Note: When choosing status you have the option of choosing Pending, Active or Approved. You will want to choose Active, if you will be auto assigning the work order (see Step 6), as this will skip the pending and approved phases. You will want to choose Pending if the work order will still need to go through approval (you can still auto assign if needed in Step 6, for once the work order has been approved.) You will want to choose Approved, if the work order does not need to go through approval, but will still need to be assigned (if you choose not to use Step 6.)
3. Select the Save button once you are finished.
Next you will need to update the Building Settings, if you would like to auto assign work orders when they are created from ML Schedules™:
Note: This is an optional setting and is only required if you chose Active as your default status above. If you choose to not auto assign a work order, you will be able to assign work orders as needed.
4. Select Locations > Manage Buildings.
5. Select the add icon () to add a new Building or select the edit icon() to edit an existing Building.
The Manage Building page will be displayed.
6. From here you will select which users should be assigned IT and Maintenance work orders for work orders created from ML Schedules™.
Note: You can select multiple users for the work order to be assigned to. If the user is not listed here, you will need to make sure that they have been assigned the correct Role in their user settings (see Manage Roles and Users.)
7. Select the save button once complete.
8. Repeat Steps 5-7 for your remaining Buildings.
Note: If a user that submits the request that is generating a work order exists in MLW. The work order will automatically be associated with the requestor.