Note: You will need to install Google Chrome for this capability. Chrome is a free App that can be found in the Google Play store.
1) Launch Chrome for Android
2) Open your login web page for MLWorkOrders.com
3) Tap the Menu Icon (3 dots in the upper right hand corner)
4) Tap Add to home screen.
5) You’ll be able to edit the name for the shortcut and then Chrome will add it to your home screen.
6) The ML Work Orders icon will appear on your home screen like any other app shortcut or widget, so you can drag it around and put it wherever you like.
Note: Chrome for Android loads the website as a “web app” when you tap the icon, so it will get its own entry in the app switcher and won’t have any browser interface getting in the way.
iPhone, iPad, & iPod Touch
Note: Due to Apple settings, the App icon image will be of the login page screen and not the actual ML Work Orders logo as shown above.
1) Launch the Safari browser on Apple’s iOS
2) Open your login web page for MLworkorders.com
3) Tap the Share button on the browser’s toolbar — that’s the rectangle with an arrow pointing upward. It’s on the bar at the top of the screen on an iPad, and on the bar at the bottom of the screen on an iPhone or iPod Touch.
4) Tap the Add to Home Screen icon in the Share menu.
5) Name the shortcut “MLWorkOrders” before tapping the Add button.
6) The shortcut can be dragged around and placed anywhere, including in app folders — just like a normal app icon.
Note: Other browsers, like Chrome for iOS, don’t offer this feature. Due to the limitations in Apple’s iOS, only Apple’s own Safari browser is allowed to do this.