When a Work Order is assigned to a user in ML Work Orders™, they will be able to do the following:
- Enter Notes on the Work Order
- Enter Labor Hours on the Work Order
- Enter Inventory on the Work Order
- Enter Purchase Transactions on the Work Order
- Upload Files to the Work Order
- Complete the Work Order
You will want to take the following steps when managing work orders assigned to you:
1. When a work order is assigned, an email notification will get sent out to the assigned user(s).
2. Selecting the link at the bottom of the email will bring you to the work order within the program or if you login through ML Work Orders you will be directed to the My Open Assignments page. This page will show you all of the work orders that are open and assigned to you.
3. Select the Work Order ID button to see the full details of the work order. The buttons are color-coded based on the priority level of the work order (Red=Urgent, Orange=High, Yellow=Medium, and Green=Low).
4. Once the Work Order ID button is selected, the full work order details will be displayed.
5. Select the Mark In Progress button when you are beginning the work. This will send out an email notification alerting the requestor that you have started to work on the task.
6. If you need to Enter Notes on a Work Order, select the notes box and enter the note. There are three (3) options for saving notes:
- Selecting the Save Note button will simply save the note to the work order, but not send out any notifications.
- Selecting the Save and Email Note button will save the note and send an email notification out to the requestor, any other users assigned to the task, as well as the Administrator who assigned the task out.
- Selecting the Internal checkbox and then clicking the Save and Email Note button will not send the requestor an email and will not allow them to view the note. This is used if you want to be able to communicate with the other staff members assigned to the task or with the Administrator who assigned the task out.
7. If you need to Enter Labor Hours on a Work Order select the Add Icon () in the Labor section. Enter the number of labor hours worked, the labor rate (Normal, Time and a Half, or Double Time), and any notes explaining what was done during that time, then select the Save button.
8. If you need to Enter Inventory on the Work Order select the Add Icon () in the Inventory section. Search on the inventory item you are looking to use, enter the quantity, and then select the Save button.
9. If you need to Enter Purchases (Materials, Rentals, or Contract Services) on the Work Order select the Add Icon () in the Purchase Transaction section. Enter the date, transaction type, vendor, budget code, quantity, cost each, sales tax (if applicable), PO number, and a description of what was purchased then select the Save button. If a vendor is not found in the dropdown list you can select the Add icon () to quickly add a new vendor.
10. To Upload Files related to the Work Order, select the () Up Arrow button in the Related Files section. Select the Save & Close button once the file is uploaded.