ML Work Orders™ uses a series of Roles which contain specific Permissions to determine what aspects of the system a user can access and what they can do. Each district can create custom names of the roles which they want to use and assign the appropriate permissions.
For example: The Role of "Teacher" should be given Permission to submit a work order, but not assign that work order to facilities staff, etc.
To set this up while logged in as an Admin in ML Work Orders™:
1. Select Users > Manage Roles.
2. To add a new Role, click the Add Icon () or to edit an existing Role, select the Edit icon()
The Manage Role page will be displayed.
3. Give the Role a name and assign the necessary Permissions.
- Can Assign WO To: Select the roles that the user is able to assign work orders to. If they can assign work orders to any role then select the "Select All" button.
- Add Inventory to WOs: Gives the User the ability to add inventory items to work orders
- Approve Inventory Requests on Behalf of Others - User can approve Inventory Requests pending somebody else.
- Approve WOs – Can approve work order requests
- Assign WOs to Others – Can assign work orders to other users
- Associate WOs with Project - Can assign a Work Order to a Project
- Can be Assigned Inventory Requests - User can be assigned to complete an inventory request
- Can be Assigned WOs – Can be assigned work orders to perform work
- Cancel WOs - User can Cancel a WO
- Close WOs – Can officially close out work orders
- Complete Inventory Requests on Behalf of Others - User can complete inventory requests that are assigned to other users
- Complete WOs on Behalf of Others – Can complete work orders that are assigned to other users
- Edit WOs – Can edit work order information
- Enter Asset on WOs – Can link assets (Equipment) to work orders
- Enter Budget Code on WOs – Can enter budget code information on work orders
- Enter Labor on WOs – Can enter labor hours on work orders
- Enter Purpose on WOs – Can enter a purpose for work orders
- Manage Assets – Can add/edit assets within the system
- Manage Inventory: Gives User the ability to Add, Edit, or Adjust inventory items
- Manage PMs – Can add/edit PMs within the system
- Manage Project's - Can manage projects within the system
- Reroute WO - User has the ability to reroute a Work Order. If the WO is approved it will be moved back to Pending with the new last step
- Request Inventory - Can request inventory items
- Submit Work Order - Can submit work orders
- View All WOs – Can view all work orders at a specific building
- View Assets – Can view all assets within a specific building
- View Inventory: Gives the User the ability to view inventory items, but does not allow them to edit these items.
- View Inventory Requests - User can access the Inventory Requests listings
- View Labor Report – Can access the work order labor report
- View PMs – Can view all PMs within a specific building
- View WO Report – Can access the Work Order Report
4. Repeat Steps 1 - 3 for any other Roles you would like to set up.
NOTE: A user must log out and back in for any new role assignment to take effect.